Electronic Filing, Payment of Fees, Service and Case Access
All filings to the Third DCA must be submitted via the Florida Courts E-Filing Portal, unless a paper filing is authorized. A filer may use the Florida Courts E-Filing Portal for service on the opposing counsel when a filing is submitted.
An account is required for filing. For assistance with registration or filing, please contact the Portal service desk by emailing email@example.com or by calling (850)577-4609.
Electronic Payment of Fees
Fees can be paid electronically via the Florida Courts E-Filing Portal.
To pay a fee electronically you will need a copy of this Court’s fee order, acknowledgment of new case letter, or a one-page letter prepared by you which states that you are paying a fee electronically.
1. Login to the Florida Courts E-Filing Portal.
2. From the “E-Filing Map” under “Appellate Court” select “Pleading on “Existing Case” and “Third District Court of Appeal” and then click “File Now.”
3. Enter the case number.
4. On the “Documents” page, click the “Add” button and search for “fee”.
5. Select the fee you want to pay, e.g. filing fee or pro hac vice fee, upload this Court’s fee order, acknowledgment of new case or your letter, and click “Save”.
6. When prompted, enter your payment information.
For assistance with electronic payment of fees, please contact the Portal service desk by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (850) 577-4609.
Electronic Service and Case Access
The Third DCA electronically serves its orders, decisions, and other documents via eDCA. eDCA also provides access to the electronic docket for attorneys of record and parties to a case.
Attorneys with cases in the Third DCA are required to register with eDCA. Pro se parties are permitted, but not required, to register.
eDCA registrations are processed during normal business hours. Once you are registered with eDCA, you will be served electronically by the court and will no longer receive paper copies.